I am a Ph.D. candidate in the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
at Purdue University
I work in FRIENDS
labs under the guidance of Prof. Dongyan Xu
and Prof. Dave (Jing) Tian
in the Department of Computer Science
I received my Master's degree in Electrical Engineering from the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)
, where I was working in CORE Lab
under the guidance of Prof. Kyu Ho Park
I did my undergraduate studies at Kwangwoon University
in South Korea.
Note: ** I am on the academic job market this year (2020-21)! **
Computer Systems Security, Drone (Robotic Aerial Vehicle) Security, Embedded Systems Security, and Program Analysis.
Technical Program Committee (TPC): BAR 2021
(Co-located with NDSS), AutoSec 2021
(Co-located with NDSS), ASIACCS 2021
, SecureComm 2020
Artifact Evaluation Committee (AEC): USENIX Security 2021
- PASAN: Detecting Peripheral Access Concurrency Bugs within Bare-metal Embedded Applications (To Appear).
Taegyu Kim, Vireshwar Kumar, Junghwan Rhee, Jizhou Chen, Kyungtae Kim, Chung Hwan Kim, Dongyan Xu, Dave (Jing) Tian
In Proceedings of the 30th USENIX Security Symposium (USENIX Security 2021),
Vancouver, BC, August 2021 (Acceptance Rate: TBD%).
- From Control Model to Program: Investigating Robotic Aerial Vehicle Accidents with MAYDAY.
Taegyu Kim, Chung Hwan Kim, Altay Ozen, Fan Fei, Zhan Tu, Xiangyu Zhang, Xinyan Deng, Dave (Jing) Tian, Dongyan Xu.
In Proceedings of the 29th USENIX Security Symposium (USENIX Security 2020),
Boston, MA, August 2020 (Acceptance Rate: 16.1%).
- RVFuzzer: Finding Input Validation Bugs in Robotic Vehicles through Control-Guided Testing.
Taegyu Kim, Chung Hwan Kim, Junghwan Rhee, Fan Fei, Zhan Tu, Gregory Walkup, Xiangyu Zhang, Xinyan Deng, Dongyan Xu.
In Proceedings of the 28th USENIX Security Symposium (USENIX Security 2019),
Santa Clara, CA, August 2019 (Acceptance Rate: 15.7%).
- Securing Real-Time Microcontroller Systems through Customized Memory View Switching.
Chung Hwan Kim, Taegyu Kim, Hongjun Choi, Zhongshu Gu, Byoungyoung Lee, Xiangyu Zhang, Dongyan Xu.
In Proceedings of the 25th Network and Distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS 2018),
San Diego, CA, Feburary 2018 (Acceptance Rate: 21%).
- Cross-Layer Retrofitting of UAVs Against Cyber-Physical Attacks.
Fan Fei, Zhan Tu, Ruikun Yu, Taegyu Kim, Xiangyu Zhang, Dongyan Xu, Xinyan Deng.
In Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2018),
Brisbane, Australia, August 2018 (Acceptance Rate: 40.6%).
- RevARM: A Platform-Agnostic ARM Binary Rewriter for Security Applications.
Taegyu Kim, Chung Hwan Kim, Hongjun Choi, Yonghwi Kwon, Brendan Saltaformaggio, Xiangyu Zhang, Dongyan Xu.
In Proceedings of the Annual Computer Security Applications Conference (ACSAC 2017),
Orlando, FL, December 2017 (Acceptance Rate: 19.7%).
- Malfinder: Accelerated Malware Classification System through Filtering on Manycore System.
Taegyu Kim, Woomin Hwang, Chulmin Kim, Dong-Jae Shin, Ki-Woong Park, Kyu Ho Park.
In Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Systems Security and Privacy (ICISSP 2015),
Angers, France, Feburary 2015.
- I-Filter: Identical Structured Control Flow String Filter for Accelerated Malware Variant Classification.
Taegyu Kim, Woomin Hwang, Ki-Woong Park, Kyu Ho Park.
In Proceedings of the International Symposium on Biometrics and Security Technologies (ISBAST 2014),
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, August 2014.
- Learning from the Ones that Got Away: Detecting New Forms of Phishing Attacks.
Christopher N. Gutierrez, Taegyu Kim, Raffaele D. Corte, Jeffrey Avery, Saurabh Bagchi, Dan Goldwasser, Marcello Cinque.
IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (TDSC),
- MalCore: Toward a Practical Malware Identication System Enhanced with Manycore Technology.
Taegyu Kim, Ki-Woong Park.
Information Systems Security and Privacy in Communications in Computer and Information Science (ICISSP),